Friday, April 30, 2010

Yeah I can swim!

Sunday 7th September
We moved Daisy out of the marina this morning and put her back on a mooring in the bay. The Bike Bonaire weekend continues; with hundreds of bikes all over the island, it’s really quite noisy.

After lunch the three of us snorkeled off the boat. This was a first for me, as I swam to the shore, snorkeled for a while then swam back to the boat. I’ve always been so frightened of deep water I’ve never had the courage to swim more than a few feet from the boat, and even then I used a noodle. I seem to have finally lost my fear of swimming in deep water, and for the first time I wasn’t scared, I even enjoyed it.

Unfortunately I enjoyed it a little too much as I spent so much time in the water I burnt my back. It’s easy to forget how strong the sun is here especially when you’re swimming. I made my hot chicken curry for dinner, and Niki joked about me being hot inside and out, with my sunburn and the red-hot curry.

After dinner and we watched “Harry Potter, The Order of The Phoenix.” True to form I fell asleep in the middle of the movie, all the sun and snorkeling had really worn me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment