Thursday, April 29, 2010

More Bonaire



Wednesday 27th August

Hooray, we survived the night intact, with no damage done, other than my being exhausted from a totally sleepless night. That’ll teach me not to have more confidence in my husband’s decisions regarding Daisy.

The car we rented yesterday was supposed to be delivered to the pier at 9:30, it eventually arrived at 10:30, after completing the paperwork we went to the local supermarket to do some provisioning, we took our groceries back to the boat, had a quick bite to eat and set off to tour the island.

As we drove around the island we saw many flamingos, wild donkeys and the islands parrot, a small but beautiful little bright green and yellow parrot called Prikitchi. The island is very dry and covered with many different kinds of cactus. Bonaire is supposed to have some of the worlds best dive sites, in fact every bay we stopped we saw divers.

We drove on up to the National Park, but it was almost 3:00pm when we arrived and the gate man said we were too late in the day to complete even the short tour of the park. We decided to visit the park another day and continued our drive around the island stopping at a large lagoon, with one of the islands popular windsurfing beaches.
It was really crowded and I wasn‘t impressed (I don't like crowds). We ordered margaritas at the bar, the barmen seemed to have difficulty understanding that Daniela wanted a frozen one and I wanted one on the rocks, eventually they sorted it out and served us the most disgusting, undrinkable margaritas we have ever had, Daniela returned hers and asked for a beer, she told them it was nasty, I simply left mine, and determined never to return to that beach or particularly that bar again.

We drove back to the boat and Bob helped me prepare dinner. He cleaned up as I was so exhausted, I went to bed right after dinner, and prayed for a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment