Saturday, January 21, 2012

MCP !

When I have work to do outside on Daisy I get up at 5:30am so I can get a few hours work in before the heat gets too much.  I like to keep Daisy looking nice, while she's the closest thing I have to a home I'm doing my best to take care of her.
So, this morning I'm cleaning and polishing all the stainless around the anchor, which, because we are bow too, hangs over the dock walkway.  By 6:30 people are starting to get up and head to the showers, with the marina this full the showers are busy very early, and for most of the day.  I'm there working and sweating and trying to do a good job.

Sailors are generally a friendly group, and most people passing by stop to say good morning.  Because I was working on the bow everyone passes by me and most stopped to say good morning.  Most greetings were pleasant, and genuinely friendly, and much appreciated.

 But I have to say, seriously guys, you don't think we women, that have given up hearth and home to sail the seven bloody seas, fulfilling YOUR dreams need to hear, or enjoy comments like "Hey you got any sisters?" or "I wanna get me one of those" said while looking right at me and winking, or "where'd he fine you?" "Hey you missed a spot"  "You wanna come and clean my boat next?"  WTF  Seriously WTF

NO I don't find any of these remarks funny, I'm sick to death of hearing them, so I have one thing to say to all of you guys out there with your suggestive, winking, snide, NOT FUNNY remarks...   MCP ( I think you all know what that stands for.)    


( for those of you that don't...  Male Chauvinist Pig)



No comments:

Post a Comment