Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1st 2012, Nasty Snakes !

It's the first day of 2012, and it's raining here in Shelter Bay Panama, following a week of wonderful weather, I guess it had to happen.  I got my own way with staying in the marina one more day, I'm actually quite happy here, but today Bob is determined to head back to the San Blas, and I find myself once again dreading the trip.  With family aboard I could tolerate the sailing (just) but I am truly dreading the trip this time, not a great way to start a year, for me at least, and I keep telling myself I should be so grateful for the chance to see these fabulous islands again, yet I just find myself longing to be back on dry land.  I'm pretty sure there are sea people, and land people, and I am most definitely NOT a sea person, not that I need to tell any of you that, reading my blog leaves no doubt as to where I would prefer to be...

Anyway, I suppose it does give me something to write about.

Talking to some friends last night they regaled us with a story of some of their friends that recently returned from the San Blas, while they were there a snake came up their anchor chain and curled up in the anchor locker, they had a devil of a job using the boat hook to get the aggressive snake off the boat, and when they finally managed to fling it back into the ocean and then tried speedily to bring up their anchor, the snake repeatedly tried to climb back up the chain, and even when they finally got the chain up the snake chased them as they motored off...

Just another thing to aid my sleepless nights while in the islands.  OH the joys of boating are simply endless!

We will hopefully be back in the marina (with Internet) in about 10 days, until then "Happy New Year"

Daisy :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment