Friday, November 26, 2010

Return of the Incredible Hulk!

So today was all about putting the last coat of undercoat on the generator covers, messy, smelly job fortunately the mosquitoes seem to hate the smell almost as much as I do.  There are five panels and by the time I got to the last one my hand cramped up and I dropped the tin of paint which exploded and sprayed me liberally in bright pea green paint! Lovely.
I took the can of lacquer thinners to the bathroom with me and attempted to remove the paint from my skin,  before showering.  Thankfully I got most of it off, now I am just a pale suggestion of green, and have a delicate "eau de thinners" scent !

We also manage to secure a place on the T-Dock today, which means less mosquitoes, much more breeze and we don't have to keep moving Daisy up and down the dock to make way for boats coming in and out of the water.

No rain today, and not too much heat either.  Good working conditions.

We still plan to leave here on Tuesday for Aruba, but there are many jobs to finish, Bob was working until 2am this morning.  Our engine room flooded because of the problem with the galley sink, I still have to bale all that out, although Bob managed to fix the sink for me, saving me having to climb into the engine room.
We have a problem with the refrigeration, the rigger still hasn't returned and as its already Friday I'm getting a little panicky...

But I'm trying to be positive.  We are determined so fingers crossed.

Thank you to the readers that sent me such lovely comments, they are very much appreciated.

Signing off for now, green but happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment