Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rain, Rain, Rain & Honey Mustard Pretzel Dip...

Tuesday 17th November

Removing the strainer from under the floor was really difficult, it was heavy and covered in nasty green oxidization.  While lifting it up onto the deck a black oily liquid spilled out and ran down my back, lovely!

Bob drove it to the steel fabricators to have some new pipes welded, while I went to the local supermarket. 
The shopping here in Curacao really is quite good, and the prices are not as high as many of the islands.  I was excited to be able to shop so we could have something other than canned food on board.  The fridge and freezer are still turned off because we are out of the water, but we have the table fridge working up on deck, its normally used for drinks, but makes a great standby fridge for times like this.

In the supermarket I was really delighted to find “Raspberry Honey Mustard Pretzel Dip” manufactured by Robert Rothschild Farm, in Ohio. www.RobertRothschild.com  or call 1 800-356-8933. I highly recommend that you try it, its scrumptiously delicious especially with cheese, or in fact anything you care to put it on, chicken, pork, salad or sandwiches.
I bought 2 jars, but may go back for more while they’re still in stock.

It rained again on and off all day, I worked in the rain scrubbing the decks and washing the fiberglass, which was caked in black sticky dust from the boatyard, the rain helped wash off the soap suds and kept me cool while I was working. Not much chance of getting sun burnt here so far, Curacao is having more rain than Wales.

Bob’s friend Louie, very kindly filled one of our gas tanks for us, while we gave the other one to Budget Marine to fill, they usually take a couple of days, so I was very happy, I can have a cup of tea and cook now…
Bob’s still having problems with the battery charger, hopefully they will be resolved before too long.





No comments:

Post a Comment