Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Rain, work, rain & *##**




Sunday 21st November

So what can I write about today, unfortunately nothing anyone is going to want to read about.  However, if you enjoy misery, read on…

We worked from sun up to late in the evening, we ran out of water today (drinking water) but we still have some club soda. No fresh food left on board, and no time to shop.

We had to get the boat ready to move because another boat that was in trouble was on its way into the yard and we were in the way, but when we started the engine it cut out, after about an hour of frustration Bob discovered someone (probably the guys who came to clean the diesel tanks) had turned off the diesel to the engine! “cuss, mutter, swear, cuss!!! We moved the boat down the dock just making enough room for the other boat to come in, and all in the pouring rain.

Bob worked all day on the engine and generator, I worked on cleaning the oven, then wire brushing and sanding the generator covers all the time getting bitten to death by mosquitoes. 

It rained really hard all day I had to keep changing clothes because I was soaked.
At 5 O’Clock I stopped work, I hadn’t finished, the paint still had to go on, but I didn’t care, my back hurt, I was covered from head to toe in brown rust from the sanding, I itched from all the bites and was in a really foul mood.

Bob continued to work on, after he finished working on the generator he then set about finished my work.  

I struggled to find food for dinner, all we have is canned food, pasta and rice, and Bob won’t eat pasta or rice, so it’s probably going to be a can of tomato soup for dinner, just what we need after a hard days work.

OH the joys of boat life are endless…

No comments:

Post a Comment