Thursday, November 25, 2010

Bubble of Protection ☺

Thursday 25th November

No turkey for me today!  My Thanksgiving was spent removing glue from insulation panels, then cleaning and spray-painting them.  OH my life is filled with such endless fun.
But as my readers have really increased in the last couple of weeks you all obviously enjoy reading about all my trials and tribulations.

The weather continues to be stormy, but the good side of that is it keeps it cooler for working, although I have to say I feel very sorry for people who have come out here on vacation and spent the entire time under gray skies and heavy rain.  Apparently the weather will remain this way until next Thursday, I’m hoping we will be done with all this work long before then. 
We still have to finish the rigging, and get the sails up.  The refrigeration needs attention, the covers for the generator have to be top coated and relined with insulation.  All the satellite systems need installing, and we still have to repair the anchor mechanism.  Not forgetting my jobs, the boat needs cleaning inside and out, and polishing, fiberglass, stainless, windows, seating cushions washed and put back, the dodger needs to be fitted, I need to plan the menus for the next month and provision, and we have to get to Aruba by next Thursday.
It will be so nice to be able to walk about the boat without all the floor panels up, and have a table to eat at that is not covered in stuff, mainly the dodger cover. 
I dropped the car keys into the bilge today, right into the oily pool at the bottom, but at least I didn’t drop them overboard.
My poor little foot swelled up again this afternoon, because if felt so much better this morning I have been running around on it all day, and I think it was too much too soon, trouble is I don’t have time to be injured right now (sigh).
My galley sink is not draining properly, and the bilge is full of bubbles, probably means something is stuck in the pump, which means I have to maneuver myself back inside the engine room to dismantle the bloody thing and fix it.  I had to do this a couple of years ago; it’s a horrible job, hot, uncomfortable and difficult …
On the bright side:
I worked on another new recipe last night which was really delicious, another for the book; I’m almost done with all the recipes now, I just need Nicolette’s illustrations.
Also…
The little gadget I carry around to keep the mosquitoes away really works, they still fly around me but I’m no longer getting bitten, as long as I keep it turned on, the minute the batteries die or I forget to clip it to my belt and go out without it they attack immediately.  
I imagine them hovering in great numbers, expectantly outside my invisible bubble of protection, just waiting for the batteries to die, then like a well-organized stealth operation they attack! Arghhhhh


       "Dreaming of the day we'll be tidy again"

Time for a cup of tea 


1 comment:

  1. Hello! You have a wonderful blog! I am happy to visit here!

    ReplyDelete