Wednesday, November 24, 2010

OH Dear


Tuesday 23rd November

My foot and ankle hurt so bad during the night I couldn’t sleep, and this morning it was swollen.  Bob wanted to take me to the hospital, but I know he has a lot still to do, and alone now I’m laid up, so I said no, I’ll rest it today and see how it is tomorrow.  Bob has to go to the hospital tomorrow for his tests anyway, so if my ankle isn’t better by then I’ll just go with him and get them to look at it.  It’s a damn nuisance, as we still have so much to do we’re running short on time and now I’m useless…  The last thing I need is to be laid up while Bob works on alone.  Hopefully my ankle will be better tomorrow.
I sat around most of the day with my leg up, it wasn’t that painful as long as I didn’t touch it or try to stand on it.  I did manage a small job of relining the insulation on the generator cover, but other than that I did nothing but work on my book all day.  Bob worked on getting the manifold back in, it does look great now we have cleaned it up and painted it with epoxy, but it took him all day, it’s almost midnight now and he’s still working on it.  Louie came over late morning, he was due to come today and see to our refrigeration, but all these bad storms we’ve been having almost sunk his boat and now he has to spend time rescuing that.  We’re not exactly sure when he can come and work now, he’s not having much luck lately, poor guy.
The rigger called to say he had forgotten to bring what he needed so he will try and come back later today.
It rained again for most of the day today, so we had to keep the boat shut up, it was quite hot and uncomfortable.  Ariel, our Italian friend came over late afternoon with his charts to show us his planned route to Colombia. We would like to travel with him if possible, I always feel there is safety in numbers, and he has done the trip before, he takes about a week, traveling from Aruba, and then doing day sails along the Colombian coast, which sounds much more appealing to me than doing 3 + days at sea, although we have heard that the coastal route can be very choppy! He couldn’t stay long because he and Bob were up on deck (nowhere to sit down below, I had the only free seat) and the mosquitoes were moving in on them, big time.
Anyway, tonight my foot has blown up like a balloon, so I guess I’ll be off to the hospital with Bob tomorrow, I just hope I haven’t broken my bloody ankle!

No comments:

Post a Comment