Monday, May 30, 2011

Suspicious Behavior!

Just 10 days left on land, and I should really be thinking about packing, an exercise I usually leave until the night before, which is not always the best plan, and normally guarantees that I leave without all the things I had planned to take with me.  Wow, that was a long sentence, I didn't even stop to take a breath.

So I woke up in a panic at 5:30 this morning thinking about what I needed to take this time.  I have to carry back everything I need for the next 3 months.  This includes an outfit for my niece's wedding in South Africa (an outfit I have yet to buy), also clothes for a 10 day safari, and then clothes for 6 weeks in Europe. Who the hell knows what I'm going to need there, raincoats, thick sweaters and tank tops probably!  

Bob said Europe was really damp and cold last week, but then it can throw you a curve ball of having the occasional days of surprisingly warm weather.  I can see that I am going to easily exceed the baggage limit, OH dear.

Anyway, I came down to my office to make a list on my computer, of all the things I think I will need.  Making list's gives me peace of mind, because I have the worlds worst memory.  

It's only about 6:15am and I'm sitting here with my mind a complete blank, when I notice a red car passing  that slows down almost to a stop, and crawls past the house, there were 3 guys in the car and the one in the back seat had his arm out of the window pointing at our garages as they passed, they drove on slowly past the house then turned around further up the street and came back to drive slowly by again.  I had the desk light on and as they passed my office window they must have seen me looking at them because they suddenly sped up and drove off. 

So now my mind is completely off my packing list, and I'm panicking about whether these people were planning a burglary or something.  I mean, what were they doing at that time in the morning, and crawling past (twice) and pointing?
The house security here is pretty good with motion detector lights, and alarms, and of course Skye, she's so old that she doesn't exactly qualify as a great guard dog, but she is quite a noisy alarm.  Also we have Justin in the apartment and our landlord right next door, so all things considered we should be OK, but I'm still going to alert everyone to be extra careful.

Anyway back to my packing list (sigh), life is never dull!

No comments:

Post a Comment