Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Countdown to Daisy


Only 23 days until I return to Daisy in Panama, and my emotions are already in turmoil.  I’m both excited and depressed at the same time, excited at the prospect of all the upcoming adventures and new countries I’m about to experience, and depressed at the thought of leaving Edi and Danni and my new home.

 I’ve become so comfortable in the new house, I feel very safe here, it actually feels like a home, something I haven’t had in 4 years.   I’ve always longed for adventure, travel and exploration, but after 4 years of it I’m really quite tired, and find myself longing for a boring suburban life, although I’m pretty sure that I would tire of that quite quickly and find myself longing for adventure again, but for the next 23 days I intend to just enjoy being a housewife and Mother again.

I love all the lilac and honeysuckle that grows with prolific, unrestrained abandon all around the house, filling the air with the most exotic perfume.  I love all the birds that flock to my garden to gorge themselves on the feeders hanging from my front porch. I even love the sound of the occasional train as it passes, the distant rumble that still causes me to look at the sky wondering whether its thunder rolling in the distance.
I like feeling safe; it’s not something I commonly feel when I’m on board. As you all know I’m terrified of the ocean, as well as all the giant sharp-toothed critters, and slimy stingers that inhabit it.  
Strangely, I’m actually quite proud to tell my tales of swimming with sharks, stingrays, turtles and even a crocodile, my fear of the ocean certainly hasn’t kept me out of it, although I’m not quite sure how daft that makes me sound!

 Bob has been very busy for the last couple of months getting lots of jobs done on the boat, but the jobs are never ending, there’s always a long list of “to do” jobs waiting, and it won’t be long before I have to re-varnish the toe rail again, a job that gets harder and harder as I get older (sigh).
Paradise Awaits !!!




No comments:

Post a Comment