Thursday, May 19, 2011

Just can't Win!

Despite my best efforts I didn't get accepted into the foodblogs site, apparently I have too many posts on my blog that are not associated with food, so I started another blog, called "Daisy's Galley" and it's just for food.   www.daisysgalley.blogspot.com

So those of you that were not interested in my foodie posts, don't fret, I will not be posting any more on this blog, but those of you that enjoyed them you can just look in on Daisy's Galley .

"There we are then" (as they say in Wales) back to my nonsense posts, which always attract more readers anyway, funny how everyone loves the mindless stuff!

I was sitting in my office this morning watching the birds outside the window squabbling over the feeders,  they became quite aggressive at times, which was ridiculous because there was more than enough food to go around, and enough feeders to accommodate a dozen birds, as well as all the ground feeders, squirrels and chipmunks, but quarrel they did!
And it got me thinking, about how we all quarrel, people, animals, birds, fish, anything that has a heartbeat quarrel's! And it's all usually over simple nonsence.  Really, what would it take for living creatures to live in harmony with others?  It's not possible, it will never happen, it's just not in our nature, we all need to fight in some way, maybe it's just the gladiator inside us.

I watched 2 cats in the barn yesterday, they were in the thick fuzzy tail, arched back mode,  growling and meowing eerily and noisly at each other for over an hour.  I kept breaking them up but they just kept getting back together to, well,  basically just quarrel for the sheer hell of it, with neither of them prepared to start an actual physical cat fight, and I couldn't help thinking while I was watching them that they were just doing it because they could, not to achieve any real purpose, it was quite simply allowed aggression!

What do we get from a quarrel? Just being right, or winning a point, or getting something over on someone does it really make us feel better about ourselves? Does it make us smarter simply because we were quicker with a winning response? The rare times when I have actually won an argument, I can honestly say it didn't make me feel better at all.

I have reached a point in my life where I will run a mile from a quarrel, while I may possess a colorful quality with the written word, verbally I'm just dumbstruck!  I never have a quick, smart reply, I'm one of those people that always knows exactly what I should have said after the event.  But I'm at least smart enough to know that when you can't win, why waste energy fighting in the first place!

I often use my blog as a tool to voice my grievances, then Danni comes along and say's "Mum you really shouldn't have written that" so I delete it and then worry about who may have read it.  Does this mean that I'm using my blog as a way of inadvertently winning a fight, without actually having to participate in one?

Maybe I just need one of these!

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed all your foodie posts, and look forward to more, please don't stop posting them

    ReplyDelete