Monday, May 23, 2011

Illusions of The Black Swan!

So it's raining again, and stores are quickly selling out of waterproof clothing and footwear, not to mention the run on umbrellas.  I can't help thinking planet earth is preparing to get washed away by another great flood, even though the Bible says the world would never be taken by flood again.  

Sorry, I'm not trying to preach, but after living in America for 13 years, I can honestly say I have never ever seen this much rain. 

One expects rain in England and Wales, countries where compulsory fashion requirements include a variety of sturdy raincoats with hoods, wellington boots (green Hunter boots if you're wealthy) and a bunch of umbrellas in various colors and patterns.
It's always baffled me that so many America houses have "mud rooms," a room that couldn't possibly be needed more than in England and Wales.

But wait, England and Wales have had sunshine this year, lots and lots of it,  even drought over the last couple of months.  

Last winter in the Caribbean we had so much rain, I remember being in Curacao in November, normally a dry month, yet we had non stop rain for a month, heavy, heavy rain, the sort of rain that will flatten a house, and wash a hillside away, it was their wettest season on record.  One of the few times I was actually happy to be on a boat! 

Colombia suffered dreadful effects from all the rain, with whole villages being washed down the hillsides. The government even put out a request to all boaters in the area to please help, by picking up the people that were left homeless and stranded on beaches. 

Bob was complaining recently about all the rain in Panama, although it is their rainy season right now, but there was still much more rain than normal.

It certainly looks as though the planets weather is changing!  

However, quite possibly,  when I leave next month to return to Daisy, the weather here in Ohio will clear up and be beautiful, and I will be stuck in Panama, once again in heavy rain. 

Perhaps the rain is following me?

I think I'm developing webbed feet, and starting to suffer from illusions of becoming a "Black Duck!" Hey perhaps this would make a comical sequel to "Black Swan!"

No comments:

Post a Comment