Sunday, January 23, 2011

Strutting My Stuff!


Not exactly exercising a stealthy approach this morning while photographing wildlife in the jungle.  I was dressed in long pants that were every shade of pink, red, purple and green, I could probably have been spotted from space. 
It wasn’t a deliberate decision, I dressed quickly and quietly in the dark not wanting to make any noise or throw any lights on and wake Frieda.  I don’t usually venture outside in these pants, I bought them in a moment of madness and have since only used them in the confines of the boat, usually when alone, but so excited was I about photographing more wildlife I didn’t think when I grabbed my camera and excitedly headed out to the jungle.

It was only when I was coming back that I noticed a group of marina workers staring in wide-eyed astonishment at me that I suddenly realized what I was wearing.  But then in an environment where people dress (or not) in the most odd and peculiar fashion, where its apparently quite acceptable for women 8 & ½ months pregnant to run around in bikinis, 40+ year old men to prance around in turquoise thongs, really, really, hairy old men strutting around in Speedo’s (I truly would like to shoot the person who invented Speedos, an age limit really, should have been applied for their use) women in shorts, who honestly shouldn’t, pajama clad people who maybe just couldn’t be bothered to get dressed, anything goes it seems, out here.  So if I want to strut my stuff in a kaleidoscope of colors while doing my Baily/Belamie impersonation’s then I’m allowed!

No comments:

Post a Comment