Friday, January 21, 2011

Friends in far places




While waiting for my friend Frieda to arrive tonight, I was greatly entertained by two of the most friendly and colorful characters, whose names will not be mentioned for fear of incriminating them.
Sitting at the bar waiting for Frieda, we drank beer, (they) smoked cigarettes and we chatted and laughed and exchanged stories, I thought my stories were interesting, but I have to say theirs were better, well at least much more entertaining and colorful. 
These two fun loving guys have really lived the life, visiting, living in, and experiencing some of the most interesting, frightening, dangerous and diverse cultures; they have even been involved in gun battles, God Forbid. 

They told me stories that made my hair curl, and said that I should use the stories for my blog, unfortunately I’m not sure where I would stand legally if I was to repeat anything they told me, particularly as one of them is still on one country’s wanted list. I suggested they start their own blog, which, if they do I will absolutely pass on the address.

The point to all of this is, just to reiterate that this crazy life style of mine leads me into places where I meet the most diverse selection of interesting, colorful and fun loving people, who (unlike me) are not afraid of danger or adventure, and go after it,  grab it with both hands and shake the life out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment