Friday, January 21, 2011

If Only I Could!



Oh if only I could be here, in these wonderful islands, and visit all these incredibly amazing places without having to actually sail here, (“beam me up Scottie”) words can not describe how bad I am at  sailing, so I’m not even going to try, because those of you out there that love me (thank you) and are (incredibly still) my friends, and happen to love sailing, will never be able to understand my fears.

I love the amazing places that I get to visit, the incredible people I am so unbelievably fortunate to meet, and the adventures I have that most people will only ever only experience through books, television or magazines, but honestly if any of you could actually see me cowering below decks during a rocky crossing leaving the “ship work” to whoever is unfortunate enough to be aboard with us, you would be ashamed of me. 
Truthfully, I’m ashamed of me; did any of you read my “Bee in the candy jar” blog?  I want the candy but I don’t want all the scary stuff that you have to endure to get the candy.

Edi was my last victim, for the crossing from Aruba to Cartagena, he had to stay on deck and work two shifts because (mummy) was sleeping, the look I got when I finally emerged from my cabin was not cool, but he had every reason to be pissed off he had stayed on deck all night just so I could hide below the covers and sleep.

Today Daniela gave me that same look when I eventually emerged from my escape burrow, because I had bolted below like a scared rabbit as soon as the crossing got rough, leaving her and Bob to deal with everything.  Fortunately Daniela is not a nervous wreck like her Mother, but she hadn’t felt well, and yet endured the discomfort in order to help her Father with the passage, while her pathetic Mother hid below decks…

Seriously, I didn’t ask for this, I started this adventure with Bob because it’s what he wanted, it’s always been his dream, and well, yes actually I must admit I do want the adventures, and all the incredible perks which are priceless.  I want all the candy without any of the pain.  I’m not asking for sympathy, I don’t deserve it, I’m just such a nervous ninny and don’t cope well when the going gets rough.  Where’s the Viocodin?

No comments:

Post a Comment