Saturday, January 29, 2011

Jungle Noises

So here we are at Shelter Bay Marina, Colon, Panama, it's 6:45am and I'm sitting up on deck enjoying the lovely cool morning breezes (shivering actually).  My trusty Mac is on my lap and I'm playing around on facebook looking to see what other sad idiots are also up at this God forsaken hour. We boat folk seem to keep unearthly hours. I'm patiently waiting for the rain to stop spitting and the wood to dry so I can start sanding again.  I did all my laundry at 5:00am so I'm already ahead of the game.

It's just starting to get light, and the noises from the jungle are giving me goosebumps, they sound decidedly spooky. I glance across to the edge of the misty jungle, just a stone's throw from the dock, and contemplate running back down below and locking all the hatches, the noises are causing my imagination to run riot.  Visions of enormous hairy creatures with razor sharp teeth and foaming at the mouth, leaping out the trees and landing on Daisy are quite vivid in my sad little mind.  This is what happens when you spend too much time on a boat.
Happy Days in the San Blas

I try to distract myself with more facebook twaddle, it's not really working...
My bites are finally healing, well at least I think they are, or it could be that I simply have so many I've just become immune to them, poor Frieda is now covered in them too, but she has more control than me and doesn't scratch.

The two of us are off to Panama City soon, for a few days sightseeing, and shopping (no husbands around to curtail our spending, hehehe) and on a more serious note (because my husband may read this) hopefully more material for the blog.

The hairy ones have left the marina now, the turquoise thong clad Frenchman is nowhere in sight, but I do still have the one with the watermelons around.  I was talking to my Mum on skype yesterday when she bounced past in a little see through number, it was quite disturbing, we're not talking Twiggy here!

When Bob returns next week we head back to the San Blas for some real vacation time and hopefully more entertainment from the other yachties.  I love boat people, they're a special breed, a colorful group of folk that unknowingly provoke my dark side, and provide me with endless material for my blog.

Joan Rivers will have nothing on me, should I happen to continue along my recent path of blogging humor at the expense of the Innocent and un-suspecting within the boating community.
I could soon be the most hated person afloat, in fact if I don't change my writing style soon, I may not float at all,  but then if my book becomes as popular as my blog I'll have so much money I won't have to worry about it (see I really do live in La La land)

3 comments:

  1. love it, you're too funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say i love how you always manage to put the least attractive pictures of me on your blog mum....As if sharing them with friends isn't enough you have to post them on the internet for hundreds of random people to see.
    -Your dearest daughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blogs always bring a smile to my face and a laugh to my lips, thank you, love what you say, my kids love your blogs too

    ReplyDelete