Saturday, August 25, 2012

This is Why!

I felt I had to post this, it's two e-mails received from my husband, Bob. Yet more evidence of the stresses and strains inflicted upon one through airline travel. This is by no means an unusual occurrence for my poor husband, and easily explains why he's usually stressed when traveling… ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..... E-mail sent Saturday 25th August: ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. Hi Heather, So the plane flies us into London on the big British Summer Holiday weekend. The August Bank Holiday weekend. Down thru the clouds, out of the clear blue skies and sunshine. Down thru the clouds Down thru the clouds Down thru the clouds ................The clouds don't stop until the plane is 50ft off the ground! It’s dark, grey, overcast and drizzling. Miserable! Oh well, this is the English summer holidays. So the world and his wife, their 3 cousins, and their dog, are all at Heathrow airport... Along with the entire world contingent of wheel chair warriors, all crowding in to take part in the Paraplegic Olympic games (that I also timed my travel to co-inside with) I'm in awe of these amazing people and their incredible talents, I just really didn't need to be traveling through the airport the same time that they were ALL arriving... So I have plenty of time to one finger this update into my blackberry as I stand waiting in the long winding line. That every so often the prison guards come to extract anyone who is within 1 hour of boarding time. The rest can expect many fun-filled hours stood in these regimented ranks of the downtrodden, under the watchful eyes of the warders. Oh well I will keep waiting, and people watching. See you later, Luv Bob, …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...... Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. Hi Heather, So... after an hour or so. A prison guard stands in front of the drill yard and calls out that all the prisoners who had been told to stand in line to await their sentence, if it was for the crime of wanting a boarding card, then you had received an incorrect sentence. We should have been sent to another prison So after waiting in another line. Finally I got my boarding pass. Less than 90 seconds. Great now I have been moved to a new line, where we wait to be let ride up escalators, where you wait in another line to be let ride down escalators. To wait in a line to…! (I think this must be a modern version of Chinese water torture, but I won't crack). Occasionally another prisoner can't take it, and breaks ranks to makes a break for the plane. hmmmm.... But the warders are to good for that. And they were only looking for an excuse to make an example of him. I am keeping low profile waiting my chance to slip away un-noticed, into the sanctuary of the frequent flyer lounge. (I hope I don't have to wait for the cover of darkness to provide cover, I would miss my plane) I only have 8 hours to plan and execute my escape before the last rescue plane gives up and leaves at 15:00 hrs. PS, if you get this message, send food and a file for the bars. Luv Bob, ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment