Sunday, August 5, 2012

Daisy I'm Coming Back

As Bob makes all his preparations for his circumnavigation, I have to do my bit, even though I'm not doing the trip, there are still several jobs for me to do. In 21 days I fly out to Grenada for 3 weeks, I'm going to be varnishing, don't forget I am, the varnishing queen! At least I am to to Captain Bob. According to Captain Bob no one can varnish as well as me :o). I'll also be packing up as much of my "stuff" on the boat, as I'm allowed to carry back with me. This will be a huge relief for Captain Bob and my brother Paul, who was astonished by the amount of crap I had on the boat. It took me 5 years to completely fill every single little space on Daisy, and I'm going to have just one trip to empty it. I may be giving the Islanders a lot of things. But one thing is for sure, when I'm done Daisy will be a lot lighter, and sit much higher in the water, LOL I haven't been on Daisy since January of this year, it's going to be strange to go back, but I'm really looking forward to my time at Le Phare Bleu with Bob. We barely see each other these days, and we're not going to see much of each other over the next 2 years. I'm really quite happy living in Atlanta now. My days are so stress free, I barely know what to do with myself. I've had so much stress for so long I'm still adjusting to my easy going lifestyle. Apart from taking care of the horses which I love, and running all over Atlanta with my camera, photographing butterflies and plants, I spend my days mostly working on my writing. If everything goes to plan my first book will be published by the end of this month. I'm already half way through the second book, and I have plans for a third. So, while Captain Bob is making his watery way around the globe I'll be busy writing, marketing and shamelessly promoting my books. My first book is titled "No Fixed Address, Tales from a Reluctant Sailor" and will be available on Amazon and at Barns & Noble. My web site is currently being built, details will follow, and Nic and Robert are helping me plan a book launch party at their studio in October. So much happening, and so far all of it good. I'm hoping to find other fun
things to write about when I'm in Grenada, so watch this space :o) Back soon...

1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip and enjoy! I love Grenada and you can't get much nicer than La Phare Bleu. What a graceful way for you both to have your dreams <3 XOX Rox

    ReplyDelete