Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Daisy's Book

So, I thought it only fair, to let you all know that my book will not be published until the end of the year. I've stumbled, clumsily across so many complications of late. There's so much more to publishing a book than just writing it. The writing of a book truly is the easiest part of the whole process. That being said, I don't think the problems with my book launch will particularly interest anyone, so I won't elaborate on it any further. I do, however, realize that this will be a huge disappointment to the millions of you out there counting the days until my book is released… just kidding… I wish! Meanwhile, as the finishing touches are applied for the publishing process to begin, I'm working about 20 hours a day on the second book. Needless to say, the consequences of this are the need for a larger pant size. Sitting for hours and hours do not favor a slim figure!
Thank God for my beautiful horses, without them I don't think I would leave the house.
I'm beginning to understand why so many writers become hermits. It's so easy to live in your writing. In my case, my book is non-fiction, so I'm basically living in my past, I'm not sure how healthy that is either, especially when I'm writing about so many of my dumb blunders at sea. A life at sea will test you in every way possible, I believe that I failed so many of those tests. Fortunately I'm able to laugh at myself, and make fun of much of my stupidity. However, I'm not slow at making fun of others either. People do some really dumb stuff on boats, there's little you can get away with, without witnesses when you're living the watery life! :o)
Happy Days :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment