Sunday, November 6, 2011

Delta Not so Bad!

I'm always very quick to critique the airlines for poor customer service and care. I will admit that  I have a rather large chip on my shoulder when it comes to anything to do with them, and I've written some horrible posts about my experiences (never good) when flying, usually preferring American Airlines to Delta, but something happened recently that, in order to be fair I should write about it.

When my Mother became sick I immediately booked a flight to England, Delta was the only airline that fitted the agenda I required, so I booked my ticket (reluctantly) with them.

While I was in England looking after my Mum, my Mother-in-Law had a massive stroke and family were summoned from all over the world to be at her bedside.  My husband was in panama at the time and he had to take 6 flights to get back to the UK quickly.  He was flying with American Airlines, when he explained the circumstances that his Mother was gravely ill in hospital and about to die, and he needed to get back as quickly as possible, so needed to change his return ticket.  American Airlines gave no concessions, no discounts, nothing, the fact that he had to change his return ticket because his Mother was dying did not qualify him for any special help or circumstances, what they did do was charge huge fees for changing his ticket.

When I had to change my return ticket with Delta, I explained that I needed to change my return date as I had to stay in England longer because my Mother-in-Law was in hospital, they were happy to help and changed my ticket immediately and without question or ANY charges.

SO A BIG THANK YOU TO DELTA  in certain circumstances you can deliver.  As for American... what can I say

1 comment: