Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Not so Secret, Secret...

Second day into my "new life style eating." The quest is on, to get into a bathing suit again, respectably, without making a public spectacle of myself, and becoming one of those people that cause raised eyebrows  because of my inappropriate attire.  I've always been very quick to pass judgement on both men and women that strut around publicly in too tight, skimpy clothing, when they really just shouldn't; anyone who reads my blog, will be very familiar with my thoughts on men in speedos, and women over the age of 35 in a 2 piece, it's just wrong.  Believe me, in the Caribbean you see it all, people on vacation have no shame.

If I can't lose this weight, there's no way I'll be seen anywhere in a bathing suit this Christmas.  I'll just have to swim fully clothed, but at least I won't scare the fish.

I've had so many e-mails from people since posting yesterday, asking what I'm doing to attempt this weight loss.  My answer is no secret, sorry, I wish I had the miracle cure, but honestly the only way to successfully lose weight, and keep it off is by using sheer will power.  I can't give up yummy delights, they make life worth living, if I have to cut a food group that I love, out of my life, I know the diet will fail, so I'm just eating smaller portions, and counting calories, it's a bit of a pain at first, but it's surprising how quickly you learn the calorie content in foods, and for me it's worth it, because I don't have to give anything up.

Also, I have my trusty i-touch with its "Lose It" program, which makes this whole process so much easier.  I set a daily calorie limit of 1550 calories, which honestly doesn't restrict me too much, I'm just careful with my choices, if I want a slice of chocolate cake, I'll have one, but a small piece, and then add the calories into my i-touch, which counts for me, so I can see at a glance how many calories I have left for the day.  At 1550 calories a day my weight loss will be slow, but hopefully steady.  Remember if you lose weight quickly it's mostly water weight, lose it slowly and you lose fat. I carry my i-touch everywhere with me and put everything I eat and drink into it, so there's no cheating, or forgetting.

Honestly I've never been very good at sticking to a weight loss plan, but I am quite serious this time, and having made my intentions public now, I'll be forced to stick to it, or be really embarrassed.

I have to just finish with adding that America is not the easiest place to lose weight, there are so many ways here to fool yourself that you're not overweight;  for example here I'm a size 12- 14, in England I'm an 18 - 20.  The way the clothes are labeled here fool you into thinking you're smaller than you actually are, and if like me you don't have a full length mirror, it's easy to miss all the weight collecting around the nether regions!

No comments:

Post a Comment