Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ground- Breaking News!


This could take a few of you (especially those of you who know me) by surprise.  But, life is all about changes, right!  Anyway, I made this decision a few months ago, which is a huge, ginormous, incredible change of mind on my part, and I haven't said anything before because I always change my mind for a pastime, but, anyway,  here it is, are you sitting down?


I've decided I'm doing the circumnavigation with Bob in 2013.  

Yes it sounds like a long way off, but time fly's, and I know the day will be upon me before I can blink.  I just figured, why not, yes I hate sailing, but that's really only because I'm so scared, and I'm scared because I'm usually alone on the boat with Bob, and I'm always so worried that if anything happened to him, like falling and hitting his head, or falling over board, or God forbid having a heart attack or something, I would be all alone trying to take care of him, and dealing with the boat all by myself, for me that's a really, really scary thought.

But, for the circumnavigation we will have other (sailors) on board with us, and we will be sailing with at least 30 other boats, so what's there to be scared of ? ( this is what I'm telling myself so please don't try and convince me otherwise)
Anyway now that I know I'm doing it, I'm actually quite excited, and it will be great material for another book. I keep thinking about the Galapagos Islands, and Australia, and Bali and so many other incredible places, why did I ever think I was going to miss this opportunity.

I'm now really looking forward to returning to Daisy in November, and Christmas in the San Blas with my family, and then 2012 in St.Maarten, working on Daisy getting her ready for the around the world trip.

I still can't really believe that I'm going to do it, this has always been my biggest nightmare, so it just goes to show, things change...  I'm leaving the door open to fly back at any time just in case I just can't deal with it, so I do have a way out if I really can't cope, but like my current quest to lose weight, I've now made it public, so I have no option but to follow through, or be prepared to lose a lot of face if I chicken out..

So, now I'm busy making plans for a round the world trip. "WOW", did I really say that?  Roll on 2013...

No comments:

Post a Comment