Friday, October 21, 2011

Beauty Sleep...

After 5 days (and nights) of not really sleeping, I've come to understand how the expression "beauty sleep"came about.  Sleep deprivation brings about some scary stuff... Right now I have black shadows that no amount of makeup could cover, and bags under my eyes that could hold a grape, my skin is lifeless, and I'm starting to resemble something that crawled out from the crypt.  Not to mention that I'm unbelievably crabby, much more so than normal (if you can believe that).  Does this mean I've caught insomnia?  Can you catch insomnia? Will I ever sleep again?  That's how I feel right now.  I really, really need some "beauty sleep", I'm so exhausted like I could fall over, but if I try to sleep my brian goes into top gear and I'm suddenly wide awake again, I'm also starting to understand the expression "asleep on your feet" except that I'm not!  I've been getting lots of work completed on my book, which is great, but at night in bed I just spend hours playing bejeweled and zombies, because sleep eludes me and my brain won't concentrate on reading... On the up side, I've got some brilliantly high scores at bejeweled, but I would rather be sleeping. I'm beginning to look like a zombie :o(
Anyone got any safe and effective sleep inducing ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Saturday Oct 22nd
    Yeah, I slept for 5 hours, from 4am till 9am, Thank God for that, I feel (almost) human again today :o)
    Thank you to everyone that sent me ideas for sleeping, I had no idea there were so many weird and bizare things you could do to make yourself sleep.

    ReplyDelete