Tuesday, June 7, 2011

So Disappointed !


Sunday was such a busy day, with Bob having been home just a day and a half and leaving again that night, I was trying to spend time with him, and get everything ready for him to leave, and for the first time in months I didn’t get out to see the horses, but I didn’t worry about it because one of the workers at the barn responsible for turn out had assured me my horses would get turned out every day, and he would call me if for some reason they couldn’t do it.  Sunday was such a lovely day and I was happy to think of my horses out in the field enjoying the fresh air and sunshine, instead of standing in a dark barn. So I spent the day at home with my family, which was lovely.
Monday arrived with a very early morning start following a sleepless night of worrying about all the work needing to be done, I was completely bogged down with paperwork and phone calls and errands to finish in the preparation for leaving on Thursday.  Here I am once again running away to sea abandoning my responsibilities, but I don’t do it without a huge burden of guilt, and as you all know running away to sea is not exactly my choice.

However, moving on… I knew the horses were taken care of, something I didn’t need to worry about.  But as the day went on I became more and more depressed through trying to deal with incompetent idiots. Honestly I don’t know how businesses ever stay in business, the level of inefficiency is astounding, and the rudeness of people who are paid to assist you is just incredible, every little thing is done to make life difficult, but I think the thing that upsets me the most is the outright dishonesty, the lies people tell to pull the wool over your eyes, or to cover their inept capabilities, mistakes or laziness.  Integrity is a word that is given no value in businesses today.
By the end of the afternoon I was nursing a massive headache, I was exhausted, frustrated and angry, I couldn’t deal with any of it any more, I decided to go and spend some time with the horses.  My level of frustration with everything was such that I cried all the way out to the barn.
When I arrived, I found everything exactly as I had left it on Saturday afternoon, meaning they hadn’t been turned out, they had been left standing in the stalls for 2 whole days.  Today had been bad enough; this was like the straw that broke the camels back, just further proof of inability and inefficiency, and “I don’t give a fuck” attitude.
When I asked the employee about turnout I was told that they didn’t get turned out today, when I was well aware that they hadn’t been turned out in 2 days, but he was too chicken shit to tell me that, his reason for not turning out  “the tractor broke down and there was a water leak to fix !”   
Disappointment is not a strong enough word.

God help me, I have little to no faith left in the human race as it is. Sometimes I feel as though I’m falling through a vortex of crap…

No comments:

Post a Comment