Saturday, June 11, 2011

Back in Panama...

Well done American Airlines, we had great flights, and they were all on time, the entire luggage arrived with contents undamaged, Bob’s driver was waiting for us as we came through customs, such a successful trip.  If only all flights were this way.
Sadly I was travelling coach (using up an old ticket) while Bob and Niki were in first class, they were having ice cream and cocktails while I could barely get a glass of water from my most miserable flight attendant, who was obviously not enjoying his job and making it clear to all around him. However, all was not lost, I managed to snag myself a window exit isle seat, and I was sat next to a lovely lady, and I had masterchef on my Mac, so I enjoyed great entertainment during the flights.
Our first morning back on Daisy started early, while I took the 8am bus to the supermarket to do the provisioning, Bob took Niki into the jungle to photograph the monkeys.
The weather here is hotter than usual and there is little wind, it’s really humid and we’re all soaked with sweat, the lovely hair-do Paige gave me, that looked so chic when I left, has turned into a ball of fluff from all the humidity and I now look like a bush woman, welcome to boat life (sigh)
Shelter Bay Marina

In the afternoon while Bob worked on the refrigeration, Niki and I scrubbed the decks, and filled the water tanks.  Despite liberal use of sun tan lotion we both got quite burnt. 
A large container of cleaning solution burst in Nicolette’s bathroom and flooded the under-sink cupboard, but at least it smells clean! Boat bathrooms frequently smell nasty no matter how often you clean them, another joy of boat life!
Filling the diesel tanks at Shelter Bay



Both Niki and I have collected a dozen or more mosquito bites, and I’m making every effort not to scratch them, but they’re so damn itchy…
Saturday we are off up the river to go jungle hiking, this should be interesting, watch this space…



No comments:

Post a Comment