Monday, June 6, 2011

Panic!

I got up at 5am this morning after an almost sleepless night, my brain wouldn't shut off, I have so many things to organize and do before I leave at 4:30am on Thursday morning.  A morning when you can guarantee I will be sound asleep when it's time to get up!

I kept putting the light on all through the night to write down notes of things I must not forget to do. I still haven't booked a marina for us to stay in, I still haven't arranged to have Daisy's bottom cleaned before we leave, I'm still trying to sort out health insurance. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate health insurance companies they are hateful, nasty, evil organizations, that deliberately make everything so difficult and impossible to understand it makes you want to smash something, so you end up just signing because you have given up any hope of trying to understand all the hidden clauses and exemptions, of which there are so many the policy looks like a draft of War and Peace...  

I haven't even thought about packing yet, and I have to pack for 3 continents!  I still haven't bought an outfit for my niece's wedding, I hate shopping for clothes these days, so I'll probably just drag something old and moth balled out of my closet and end up looking like the poor relative!  I don't have anything suitable for a safari, all my cotton clothes are white or bright colors, the lions will love that, they will see dinner approaching from the far horizon... ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

I have a pile of bills to pay today, and I need to sort out the fact that my stupid bank, Fifth Third seem unable to pay my rent on time, instead they remove the money from my account 5 days before its due, and then send my landlord a paper check 10 day later, so they have had the use of my money for 10 days, and my rent is paid 5 days late.  I can wire transfer money here from the Caribbean in 3 hours and yet the bloody Fifth Third bank is incapable of transferring money from one account to another when its just down the road (sigh).

So much to do and so little time to do it, so I'm sitting here making more lists, and typing this to try and relieve my building frustration, it's only 6"30am so it's still too early to start making calls to all the sad and incompetent idiots who, I know are going to get me wound up tighter than a drum, OH boy do I need a drink and it's not even breakfast time yet, actually kidding about that, coffee will do for now! Lots and lots of it caffeine overload...

Now which idiot do I call first?

No comments:

Post a Comment