Saturday, December 11, 2010

Time To Go!

Saturday 11th December

 So it’s only 4 days until Niki, Scoop and Danni arrive in Cartagena, Colombia and here we are still in Aruba!  Running late again.
However, yesterday was a good day, lots of jobs were completed, Edi fixed the dinghy, and repaired the broken davit.  Bob managed to get the heat exchanger welded, and the engine put back together, and our new satellite system installed, up and running.
I managed to complete all the provisioning, finish the last of the laundry, and help Edi with the wiring for the new speed sensor
We have a few odd jobs to finish today, and I still have to bring all the beer, wine, water and spirits that are in the trunk of the car, I was too tired last night to bring it all aboard, I’m hoping to use Bob’s workshop to store everything but he is still working in there, so I’m currently using one of the guest rooms, but when everyone arrives those rooms will have to be clear.
This afternoon we plan to move out of the marina and over to the anchorage in the bay, ready for an early start tomorrow morning.
I haven’t had time to worry too much about the crossing lately, because we have been so busy, but this morning I’m nervous again, I continue to hear things that scare me. To add to all the normal worries, there has been dreadful flooding in Colombia, many of the hillside villages have been washed away leaving many homeless, desperate people, and there have been several reports of boarding’s along the coast, and the welder whose brother lives there told Bob yesterday  of people being shot for their jewelry. 
Even though Ed’s not said much about it, I know he too is very nervous, I’m wondering why on earth I decided it would be a good idea for us to make this trip.
I will not have the Internet again until we arrive in Cartagena, which may be as late as Wednesday 15th when everyone arrives, so this will be my last post for a while.
So many people make this trip, I’m sure we’ll be fine, at least I keep telling myself that, but I’m such a nervous ninny I just can't help worrying, I am truly scared.
Please pray for us.
 This little finch has visited us every day, he fly's in and out of Daisy looking for scraps of food, and fights with his reflection in the davits.

                   Crazy Finch

1 comment:

  1. well, we went to Cancun and b ack safely--sure hoping that will be the case for your trip to Columbia---at least we were doing lots of good works with orphans so it was worth the risk...are you having fun yet???

    ReplyDelete