Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Aruba here we come!


Wednesday 1st December

Yesterday Bob worked from 7am till 3am this morning, a 20-hour day!  I couldn’t keep going I had to grab a couple of hours sleep between 11pm and 2am, but then I got up to help Bob again.  I don’t know how he keeps going, I am so physically exhausted, and have constant back pain I just can’t do it.
Our day started today at 7:20am after only 4 hours sleep. Cecil came knocking on the boat to drop off the cables for Bob, and woke us, I really didn’t want to get up, but my conscience won’t allow me to leave everything to Bob.

Today we only had a couple of jobs, fitting the windless, and bringing up the dinghy.  Well the 2 hour job of fitting the windless took the entire day, we didn’t even look at the dinghy until 6pm, and just to make matters worse it rained all day, it’s now 11:30pm and Bob’s still working and I feel as though I’m in a trance.
We are on schedule to leave at dawn tomorrow for Aruba, thank goodness as now we absolutely have to get there because Edi arrives tomorrow night.

To all those people who tell me how lucky I am to live on a boat, if you’ve read my blog over the last two and half weeks I’m sure you will feel differently now.

On a brighter note, our mast is no longer at an angle, our furling works like a dream, the engine is good, the generator is good and the insulation panels look brand new, the refrigeration and air conditioning work brilliantly, the battery charger is working perfectly, the manifold has been serviced, cleaned and repainted, all the through hulls are working, the windless works, our diesel tanks have been cleaned  and the fuel filtered, the hull has been repainted. My kitchen tap no longer leaks.  There are still dozens of jobs, but they are all small in comparison.  The boat may be in great condition, but I am not, I need a week at a spa, LOL, I can but dream.
Well off to Aruba tomorrow…  More later,  watch this space


No comments:

Post a Comment