Monday, March 21, 2011

Why I'm up at 3am!

If one was to look at my blog today,  just the post's over the past month since I returned from Daisy, it would be easy to believe that I had shrivelled up and disappeared, leaving behind only a glimpse of who I had once been. I'm reduced to posting photographs of Pelicans for crying out loud!  I'm not even that active on face book any more.  My readers have dwindled down from hundreds a day to only a couple of dozen. Those faithful few to Daisy, who are still checking in daily to see if she has risen from the ashes, I can only apologize and say please be patient, I will be returning to Daisy sometime in the next few months, and will find many more humorous and terrifying adventures to write about...

By the way, talking of terrifying, I was astonished at how many of you were interested in the case of the serial murders in Panama that I posted on my blog.  I thought my readers were only interested in my wicked humor, and silly adventures, but I couldn't have been more wrong.  Without going into any details, I felt it necessary to remove the posts from the blog since a couple of things had transpired recently that had caused me to become much more involved with the case than I was comfortable with.

Moving on...
Since returning to dry land / terra ferma, or whatever description one might use to describe a place not on the water, I have nothing to write about.  Sadly there are no thong clad men, crocodiles, hairy beings, or enormously well endowed skimpily dressed women running through the isles at my local Giant Eagle store. In fact nothing interesting or funny for me to write about.  Howling monkeys do not wake me from my sleep here, or Kuna's setting fire to their huts, blissfully though there are no mosquitoes, but no Toucan's or beautiful butterflies either.

The stories that so easily pour forth from me when on the water, have dried up like the desert. Well that's not entirely the truth, I always have plenty of things to write about, they're just not the things anyone would be interested in reading.  Who wants to read about the the time I spend packing all my belongings into boxes, dealing with relator's,  hunting for houses, wondering why my souffle didn't rise, or dealing with horse problems, of which there are many?  Answer, NO ONE!
 

My life has always been colorful, I skip from one adventure or crisis to the next with gusto, "drama queen" is a description much used by my children to describe their Mother.

I was woken from a deep sleep this morning at 3am by the bloody road sweeper outside, beep, beep, beep, bloody beep...  It's the reason I'm sitting here working on my computer at this God forsaken hour of the morning instead of fast asleep pushing up the zzzzzzz in my cosy bed.  The noises here in the apartment, compared to the noises on Daisy are as different as chalk and cheese.  On the boat all I hear at night is the gentle lapping of the water on the hull.

I am excited to be leaving here soon, and moving back into a house on a quiet street where I will enjoy silent nights, and a little peace before I return to the high seas...

4 comments:

  1. Good to read you again I miss your humor, good luck with the house move

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful horse is that your daughter's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back Daisy, we missed you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it was my old horse.... perhaps not the best picture of me i look like i'm leaning on his mouth :(. But thank you he was an amazing horse.
    -Danni

    ReplyDelete