Sunday, March 27, 2011

William & Kate

 While Edi and I were out shopping on Friday we stopped to get coffee,   while we were waiting I was skimming through the magazine stand, and came across a magazine of William and Kate.  It immediately made me stand tall, (well as tall as you can stand at only 5' 3 3/4") and puff out my chest with pride.  
Kate Middleton and Prince William
As the eldest son of the late Princess Diana, and Charles, William is such a credit to England.  I see him as our one remaining chance to redeem the British monarchy, which lets face it bares a somewhat tarnished reputation today, especially after the very un-royal behavior by some of our royal family over the last couple of decades.  To be more accurate I'm referring to the outrageously embarrassing antics of the inaptly named 'Duchess of York' (Fergie), who embarrassed the British public and the monarchy so much with her bad behavior, she was given the nickname 'Duchess of Pork'.  

Then we had the very inappropriate wedding of Charles and Camilla, something that should never, never have been permitted.  The only saving grace is that the Queen, God Bless her will never allow Camilla to become Queen.  I must add, that had Camilla ever become Queen of England I would have (with the utmost haste) become a citizen of another country, any other country, and renounced my British citizenship forever.  Fortunately with the upcoming wedding of William and Kate, the necessity for changing my citizenship will no longer be an issue, and I can safely remain proud to be British.

All the limelight these days is focused on the future King of England, William and his beautiful bride to be Kate.  They both make me so proud to be British.  I feel confident that William and Kate will restore the faith in the monarchy and bring back a pride to the British people. If only Diana was here today, how proud she would have been of William.  
God Save the Queen

1 comment: