Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nothing specific!

I'm so excited this morning, Edi, Danni and I are going over to the new house to take measurements and photographs, so we can arrange where we're putting our furniture.  Since coming back to dry land I get excited about all sorts of silly stuff that is just normal to everyday land dwellers, this is what spending time at sea does to one.

Once again this morning I was woken by loud noise's from outside, they were digging up the sidewalk with drill hammers and cutting the grass, at 8am ON A SATURDAY, the one day most people get to sleep in, unless of course you reside at Easton Commons.  Now I realize that anyone who reads my blog knows that I am an early riser, but here in the apartment the air is so bad none of us sleep well, so after I've wheezed and coughed my way through most of the night, and then finally fallen into an exhausted sleep around 6am it was no fun to be woken by the bloody machines digging up the road outside at 8. This is when I miss Daisy the most.

Bob is still thoroughly enjoying himself sailing solo in the Caribbean, watching the dolphins and pelicans and fabulous fish swimming around the boat, or hanging out in the hammock relaxing with a book, and taking afternoon snorkeling trips off the islands,  I'm wondering if he will ever come back! If I ever want to see him again I may have to go back...  I'm really happy here on land, but I do miss the beauty of the islands.

Meanwhile I'm going to be making curtains for the new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment