Wednesday, June 27, 2012

New Stuff !

Well it's been a while since I wrote my last blog, sorry about that.  Life has been really busy, and a little difficult, in as much as I've been trying to get everything organized and tidy in a house that is quite small and has no storage other than a small attic, and I have so much stuff…  It's been a little like trying to pour a gallon into a pint pot.
I'm still not as tidy as I would like to be, and I'm missing a guest bedroom, an office, and an art room, but I have the best kitchen I've ever had, love, love, love my new kitchen.  The 3rd bedroom sort of doubles as an office and a guest bed, all be it with a futon, or sofa bed rather than a real bed, which according to Danni is bloody uncomfortable and much like sleeping on the floor :(  and my dining room is mostly used as an art room.  Improvisation in motion here.

The back yard is really tiny, a small space squished in between us and the house next door, but I've still managed to plant 17 tomato plants, 5 pepper plants of various types, basil, tarragon, cilantro, parsley, squash, zuccinni, 2 eggplant's, spearmint and rosemary.

We have banana trees growing on our back deck and a couple of days ago we had a fabulous Regal Moth stop by, Nic and I were very busy with our cameras taking splendid photographs of the incredible creature.
Regal Moth, or Royal Walnut Moth


I'm learning my way around Atlanta slowly, but I have to say the drivers here are the worst I've encountered anywhere, they're so rude, and I've seen more accidents in the last month than I've seen in the last 5 years, it's certainly made me sit up and pay a bit more attention while I'm driving.

Travis and Sultan are happy (I think) in their new barn, it's a small family owned barn, nothing fancy, no indoor arena, but lovely people that give excellent care to the horses; along with various other animals, an enormous pig called Princess who freely wanders the property and sleeps outside of Travis and Sultans stalls, and there's a goat called Billy, and a hen called Elane.   I could write a children's book about this place.  There's no grass on the property but the best, beautiful hay, so my boys are happy munching on delicious green orchard/alfa,alfa hay.  

Having almost organized myself in the house, and settled the horses into the barn, I'm now planning on putting a photography show together for the Fall in Nicolette's studio.  I have so many amazing photographs from all my travels, so we'll see how that goes.  

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment