Wednesday, March 28, 2012

13th Move, More Bitterness!

As I prepare for the 13th move in my life, I can't help but wonder whether life would have been easier had I been born a gypsy, and simply spent my life on the move traveling in a caravan, and trailing the horses behind, it would have saved a great deal of packing and unpacking, not to mention all the related stress that goes along with that.  Each move seems harder than the last, and this one is really going to be hard to beat.  "Moving shouldn't be that hard" I hear you thinking, and you're right, unless you're faced with the complications that I'm trying to manage; the logistics of this move or moves would boggle your mind. 
To make matters worse we have the added stress of needing to find a new barn for our horses, I'm not going to elaborate on the circumstances that brought that particular complication about, because I don't want to be facing a law suit for slander, not that it would be slander, it would be the truth, but when you're dealing with… well I won't say anymore, other than you always need to watch your back, and never trust anyone in the horse world. 
We had to move the horses twice last year; once because the barn was starving one of our horse's to death, and it made absolutely no difference how many times the vet came out and said the horse was starving, all our pleads and requests to please feed him edible hay fell on deaf ears, so we were once again forced to move them.  
The next barn didn't bother to refill the water buckets when we were having 95 degree heat, and Danni ended up having to leave school and drive out 2 or 3 times a day to fill water buckets.  
So this last move was hopefully going to be one where we didn't need to worry about the well being of our horses, and in truth we didn't have to, they were taken care of, fed, watered, turned out etc… the problem here was the people, God help me I really dislike horse people, I can count on one hand the number of people I know involved with horses that I can truthfully say I like and trust, and I know hundreds of people involved with horses, so what does that tell you. 
Yes you could say I'm bitter,  but I'm also terribly disappointed. OH how I miss having my own farm! No wonder Bob wants us to run away to sea.

So here we are, this weekend Danni has to not only move into her new condo, but move the horses to another barn as well, all while she's in school, and anyone who has horses knows that moving to a new barn is almost as bad as moving house.  We had planned to do both these things during her Spring break, so it wouldn't interfere with her her school work, but once again people let us down; it really makes me feel stupid to have believed that I could rely on people to actually do what they say they're going to do.

Once Danni has moved, and the horses are situated, I have to get Edi's stuff ready for him to take to California, then find a house in Atlanta, move numerous vehicles, pack up the house, clear out, and all within the next 8 weeks; one move is bad enough, four moves to negotiate in a few weeks is a huge headache.






No comments:

Post a Comment