Tuesday, February 8, 2011

NO Service!



Our opinion (that is, Frieda’s and mine) of the 4 star Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center in Panama City, is not a good one.
While the facilities were nice, the rooms clean, and the beds quite comfortable, we didn't find the staff at all friendly, getting blood from a stone would have been easier than a smile from some of the staff there.  
Our breakfast experience was a good example.  There was a choice again of an all you can eat buffet, or ordering from the menu.  The buffet was $18 per person, but it looked reasonable so we again opted to do the buffet, at least it would be quick, as we were keen to start our day.  Frieda asked for some water and it was another $1.50!
I choose a cooked breakfast, which was a mistake, the food was barely luke warm, and most of it over cooked. We were served only one cup of coffee, and a couple of times while we were eating the waitress came over to stand and stare at our plates, it felt as if we had taken something we shouldn’t.  A couple of times she asked for our room number, while we were in the middle of our meal, I was annoyed by her rudeness, then as we were leaving, having already signed the bill, she followed us out of the restaurant still asking whether we had already checked out, I had already told her several times we had, but that the hotel had my credit card so it wasn’t a problem, she wouldn’t let it go and kept asking me if I had checked out, so I just walked away assuming she was either simple or stupid, she was really beginning to get on my nerves.  As we walked out of the restaurant she followed shouting at us.  I ignored her and took the elevator up to the reception desk to complain, where I was met with a sarcastic smile and “I’m sorry you are not happy.”  It’s seemed very obvious to me that the staff here are not interested in their customers. I would not return to this hotel or recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment