Tuesday, February 8, 2011

More of the Turquoise Thong!


So here we are once again, bobbing around back in the bay behind the boat with the turquoise thong clad Frenchman.  I’m guessing he lives here, as the boat is still in the same place it was when we were here a month ago. Not much appears to change off these islands, there are a few new boats in the bay, the Kuna have built a hut on the end of the island, and as we look around the 15 foot crocodile emerges like a ghost from the depth’s, and floats silently just off the end of the island with only it’s beady eyes above the surface of the water, and they are glued to the turquoise thong clad Frenchman’s boat!
I was woken this morning by the scent of the smoke wafting over from the Kuna hut on the island, at first I thought the boat was on fire, it didn’t half make me get out of bed fast..   It was still dark as I ventured up on deck with my trusty Mac tucked under my arm.  Crouched under the dodger with only my fabulous keyboard light (I do love Mac’s) to work by, I sit quietly contemplating my next blog.  I’m never stuck for ideas there are always so many things to write about out here, the decision on what subject to write about is usually made depending upon my mood.
I watch the rising sun creep slowly over the horizon in all it’s brilliant crimson glory, planks of red and gold light pierce through the clouds throwing a path of gold bright enough to burn your retinas across the dark water in the bay. 
How I love the early morning, it’s absolutely my favorite time of day.  I love watching the pelican’s gliding effortlessly over the surface of the water, with just the very tips of their wings barely brushing the water’s surface.  I love the gentle cool breeze before the day’s heat takes over, and the peace and tranquility as all the boats bob gently in the barely moving water. Talking of moving water, it’s so quiet here you could almost hear a pin drop, so it was quite disturbing when the sound of water splashing caused me to turn around and see the Frenchman stood on the side of his boat, minus turquoise thong, taking a pee.

1 comment:

  1. great discription of the sun auntie!!!!!!


    xx poppy

    ReplyDelete