Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday 26th June

I will be writing my blog daily over the next few weeks, but may not get to post as often as I would like, finding an Internet connection going down the island chain is not always easy. However, I promise to post at every opportunity.

Here is a list of the dolphins and whales I will be looking for on this trip.
Spinner Dolphins, Stenella Longirostris
Atlantic Spotted Dolphin, Stenella Frontalis
Striped Dolphin, Stenella Coeruleoalba
Risso’s Dolphin, Grampus griseus
Short-beaked Common Dolphin, Delphinus delphis
Long-beaked Common Dolphin, Delphinus capensis
Fraser’s Dolphin, Lagenodelphis hosei
Bottlenose Dolphin, Tursiops truncates
False Killer Whale, Pseudorca crassidens
Short-finned Pilot Whale, Globicephala macrorhynchus
Sperm Whale, Physeter macrocephalus
Humpback Whale, Megaptera novaeangliae

Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment