Saturday, May 1, 2010

Columbia Bay, St.Barths, April 2010


Gorgeous morning, I was up before Bob and while I was feeding the remora’s under the boat I spotted what appeared to be a reef shark circling below them, I called Bob, but by the time he came up on deck the shark had disappeared. I continued feeding the remoras there were 4 of them now a couple of large fish and a shoal of smaller ones in a feeding frenzy. We spotted several rays on the seabed, as well as turtles.

After breakfast we took the dinghy all the way around to Gustavia, about a 20 minute very choppy dinghy ride. Bob did the customs and immigration while I shopped and had coffee at Le Bar De L’Oubli.

Bob joined me at the bar for a cappuccino after he had finished with customs, then we both walked around town window-shopping, ST.Barths is beautiful but very expensive so we tend not to do much actual shopping here. Bob found some new earplugs at the sports shop, as he has mislaid his others.

We arrived back at the boat at 10:50 to go snorkeling, again with turtles and stingrays, I came back to get lunch ready, I was cooking the tuna we caught yesterday with a salad.

I was preparing lunch while Bob was diving under the boat cleaning the hull, when he called me up on deck as he was bleeding from one ear. We think it must have been caused by the new ear plugs, as he has no pain or discomfort, I said it would probably best to stay out of the water for a couple of days, which is such a shame as we came to this bay specifically for the snorkeling, OH well we had two sessions at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment