Sunday, September 16, 2012

All You Can Eat and More!

Everywhere I turn I see more work needing to be done, I'm starting to feel completely overwhelmed. My list of jobs seems to have become a living thing that's breeding baby jobs which are growing before my eyes into bigger and bigger adult jobs. This morning at 5:30am I tackled a new job "delivered" yesterday! While taping around the toe rail our helper Terry used duck tape as he ran out of masking tape… Word of warning here "NEVER USE DUCK TAPE IF YOU INTEND TO REMOVE IT IN YOUR LIFETIME" I'm now left with the nastiest sticky residue that all the sanding dust has glued itself too, in the most permanent "never to be removed" fashion. Desperately searching the Internet for ways to remove the said residue, also proved quite useless. I tried in vain with different solutions, I also used denatured alcohol, that's usually quite good at removing that sort of sticky mess, but that was about as easy as pulling a car up a hill backwards. It took me 20 minutes to clean just 12 inches, and I have about 80 feet to do, "not in this heat!" So, as I sit here drinking my coffee and eating toast and messing around on the computer for a few minutes I decided I would do something else today. It's only 8am and it's already swelteringly hot, there is little to no breeze, so I'm happy for my little sheltered area on the floating dock, where I'll be in residence all day sanding all the galley floor sections.
My little work shop, providing me with some welcome shade.
Happier Times, I need to remind myself of them frequently while I battle the heat and the dust and the bloody duck tape residue, ARGHHHHHHHH… OH and just in case I'm not having enough fun... A little bee decided to sting me while I'm sitting here and that hurts like the devil. The razor toothed, invisible insects are also all out in force today, with no breeze to keep them away they're all busy excitedly arranging for an all you can eat buffet on the Daisy boat, with me as the main ingredient… OH yummy I'm in for a fun day! Don't you just wish you were me?

No comments:

Post a Comment