Friday, January 11, 2013

Oscar… While we wait for news from Daisy...

A couple of years ago I wrote a blog about Oscar, a newborn raccoon that I rescued and raised, I wanted to post photographs of him when I wrote the blog, sadly the pictures were missing. Then today while going through all my old memory sticks I found them. So, its a bit late, but better late than never, and I have to write something while I wait for my boys at sea to get into contact again. They are already about one third of the way to Panama, looks good so far, although I'm only going by what I can see on the yellowbrick tracking system. Anyway, meanwhile here are the very long overdue photographs of my little Oscar...
Oscar loved Edi, and even though it looks like he is biting Ed's ear, he was actually very gentle and did nothing more than tickle Edi.
While Oscar was very tame, he was an exception, I found him abandoned in my garden and raised him from a newborn. Wild Raccoons can be very dangerous, and also carry rabies, so do not approach them or attempt to feed them when you come across them in the wild. They are wild animals, not pets. I rehabilitated Oscar back into the wild when he was fully grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment